Recent Posts

Sunday, 4 January 2015

December favourites

Hi guys, December has gone so fast, I feel like I blinked and it was gone. My December favourites are mostly going to include things related to Christmas so here we have it, my December favourites.

So my first favourite is what most people think of when they think December and that is CHRISTMAS! Throughout the December months I love having all the decorations up and of course mostly the tree. In the daytime the tree just adds a little something to the room it makes it look full, alive and just generally homey. But at night, that's the special part, as soon as it goes dark (and normally while its still light) on goes the lights. I know a lot of people just have white lights but ours are different colours: greens, blues, reds, yellows and they are all flashing at different times its quite a show, and one you never get bored at. As you can probably tell I love them. Its so sad when they come down but I guess all good things have to come to an end.


I have just basically just talked about food, so my next favourite is a nail polish. So this is the Rimmel precious stone nail polish in 002 ruby crush, this is perfect for winter and Christmas time it is easily applied and tops up really well. I think this would look great on a feature nail or just the tips of your nail or for a special occasion you could  go all out it really is up to you.





On the subject of Christmas another thing that screams December is advent calendars. This is the first year I have been aloud chocolate advent calendars and I love it. Also I think its a really good dieting thing (some might beg to differ) but hear me out. I know I eat more than a small lump of chocolate a day but in December if you just eat the advent chocolates you will be eating less chocolate therefore be healthier (SCIENCE-ish). I also think this just gets you into a christmasy (is that a word cos auto-correct doesn't like it) mood.


The next thing is another food favourite and it is jelly tots. I love these so much but for some reason they remind me of Christmas, I'm not sure way this is maybe its because I used to get those tubes of them from Santa (and what is up with that, why have I got no jelly tots this year) or whether I only ever really eat them on a special occasion, but they just mean Christmas. They are probably my favourite treat but they are sooooo expensive, so they aren't an everyday treat. What's your favourite type of sweets?

My next favourite is a face mask this is the sanctuary 3 minute thermal detox mask. This is really odd because as you put it on your face it heats up, but drastically. Once its cooled down you can take it off. This leaves your skin feeling smooth and fresh and this is perfect to relax with before you go to bed.

At Christmas time I love baking and this year I have been making these little snowman biscuits (a blog post on how to make these might be coming soon, however Zoella and Alfie made this on Zoe's channel so I can't take credit and you can watch that to see how they make them- linked here.) I just love these and they taste soooo good. The contrast of the icing sugar on digestive biscuits is surprisingly amazing and with the little added marshmallow it is just adorable. I know its past Christmas but its still winter, so we can keep making them right?


For Christmas I got Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, this is so good. It's about a girl named penny who has an anonymous blog and it is a massive hit. Penny then gets whisked (is that the word) off to new york where she meets a boy who becomes her inciting incident. (If you don't know what that means read the book).  Zoella writes the book by using blog posts to explain things as well as story telling with chapters
This is just so good and well worth a read.

As a little side note on the topic of books, for Christmas I got a kindle! I love this so much and it would be perfect for when I go on holiday and it means I don't have to throw away books that only read once because it is so sad so i end up hoarding them even though I'm probably not gonna read again, and I won't need to use up bookshelf space so I have more space in my room (its a win, win).





That is my 8 favourites, I seem to have written alot, I really don't know where this all came from, but I apologize for the mammoth of a post But I hope you still like it. I will leave it there thank you for reading this and I will speak y'all next week. Also good luck for anyone who might be starting school or work tomorrow, leave a comment below saying when you go back after the Christmas break. I go back tomorrow, bye. 

16 comments:

  1. The snowman biscuits are so cute!! <^-^>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't resist when I first saw them and zalfies vid.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love them so much, about to write tommorows post which will be how to make them.

      Delete
  3. Love all your faves! I need to read zoes book! ahhh!!!
    http://www.sophelba.blogspot.co.uk/ check out my blog for style tips.
    PS... I will defo follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks so much, checking out your blog now. Also Zoe's book isawsome like so good! Thanks for your comment it has actually made my day, I didn't realise anyone actually read my blog and liked it!

      Delete
  4. Love the nail polish and have you finished Zoe's book yet it's so good I loved it xx

    http://itscaitlinsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr! I love it to- its my new Christmas nail polish as its absolutely perfect! Also I have finished Zoe's book and I love it to can't wait for the next one xx

      Delete
  5. the nail polish is so pretty - i also love the snowmen, they look so sweet! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and tommorow I will be uploading how to make them- they don't have to be just for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your favourites, and jelly tots taste sooo good!
    Eva x

    evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you already finished the book? I just thought it was amazing.

    xx S.


    http://myfabulousworld271214.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have and I thought it was too, I really want to do a post about it nut not sure if that's something people would want, we could get a discussion going

      Delete
  9. Hello. You visited my YouTube channel, so willingly I came here. I think that you are writing interestingly very much well most important - with passion. Idea for cookies - snowmans it's super! :) I wish you good luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed. xx
    Sabina from https://www.youtube.com/user/ImaginexFuture/videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you so much it means a lot, however for the snowman biscuits I can't take credit they were zoellas idea and recipe I simply just copied, however I love them soooo much, thanks again for your lovely comment

      Delete