Recent Posts

Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Lets Bake: Easter Nests!

Hi guys,
So I decided to do another lets bake! I know I haven't done one of these in a while and I said last time I did one that I was going to try baking more and that was a while ago but in all fairness I have baked since them but I just forget every time to take photos or I would remember half way through however today I remembered and thought it was time to upload another Lets Bake! Also I was taking photos for these in Sundays post and I promised that I would show you how you make Easter Nests! Enjoy!





You will need:

~ 200g Milk chocolate
~ 85g shredded wheat (2 packets, 4 biscuits)
~ packet of mini eggs (I used normal chocolate eggs)
~ some cake cases!




firstly you need to break the chocolate into chunks I used the method where you put the bowl of chocolate over a pan of shimmering water and stirring occasional until it is melted.




While the chocolate was melting I broke up the shredded wheat into as small pieces as possible so that there are no big lumps so that when you eat the cake it will be smoother.



Once the chocolate had melted I poured the crushed shredded wheat in and I mixed it well so that all the shredded wheat was covered.





Then I put the cake cases onto a baking tray and I spooned in the mixture. Then I added the little eggs (this is where you would add the mini eggs)



However as I was about to put them in the fridge to cool for 2 hours I realised the eggs have tin foil on them, which you can't put into the fridge, so I took off the foil and put them in the fridge as just little chocolate eggs which would be easier to eat anyway. However if you used mini eggs it would be fine and you wouldn't have to worry.
So this is what the final eggs look like!!




So that is all I hope you enjoyed today post and I hope you had a lovely Easter! Like, comment and share. bye!

Zoe xx









No comments:

Post a Comment